This syllabus template is for online and blended courses. It is a draft that is pending final review from a committee comprised of faculty and deans. It is ADA compliant and reflects all current information, including the attendance policy.
There are several new QM training opportunities available. There are 4 upcoming “Applying the Quality Matters Rubric” workshops within the Ohio Consortium. They are:
- Kent State University, May 8
- An online version that runs May 12 – May 26
- University of Findlay, May 12
- The Christ College of Nursing and Health Sciences, May 20
To register for any of these opportunities, please go to https://www.qualitymatters.org/ and login to your “MyQM” account. If you do not have a MyQM account, you can create one by clicking on “New Acct.”
1). Once you have created your account, in order to register click on “Higher Education.”
2). Then, click on (1) Workshop Register. This will expand the Workshop menu. Then select (2) Dedicated Training. Dedicated Training will narrow your results to trainings available through the Ohio QM Consortium.
Then, select from the available trainings. You will receive confirmation via email of your registration.
With thanks! – Sasha
You are invited to participate in Quality Matters at Tri-C. There are two different opportunities:
- Submit your course for QM certification. We still have a few slots left for certification for this year. Contact Sasha at Sasha.Thackaberry@tri-c.edu.
- Join us for a FREE, day-long training – Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR).
Both opportunities offer a great way to get involved in Quality Matters. They either showcase your existing course or allow you to learn new skills to further develop
your online and blended courses.
The Applying the Quality Matters Rubric is Friday, March 27, from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. at the Metro Campus in TLC 153. This professional development opportunity is eligible for two (2) service credits, or one (1) workshop credit for the adjunct stipend. Lunch is provided. Register here.
What is Quality Matters?
Quality Matters (QM) is a leader in quality assurance for online education and has received national recognition for its peer-based approach to continuous improvement in online education and student learning. The program features:
- Faculty-centered, continuous improvement models for assuring the quality of online courses through peer review.
- Professional development workshops and certification courses for instructors and online learning professionals.
- Rubrics for applying quality standards to course design.
Sasha (contact me at Sasha.Thackaberry at Tri-C.edu if you’re interested in sending a course through the review process)