Update: Focus groups were held on April 17 – 23 at each campus for faculty, staff, and students. Additional feedback was received via College-wide surveys that were sent out via email and postings on multiple college sites (My Tri-C Space, this blog, Bb login page, etc.) Interviews with key stakeholders were also conducted.
If you were not able to participate in these feedback opportunities, don’t worry! We still want to hear from you! Find a feedback form embedded below that the Taskforce will be able to look at to take all input into consideration! You can fill out the form right from this page!
The below information is NOT current – it is provided for documentation purposes. The focus groups, surveys, and interviews have been completed.
We are currently promoting focus groups which will be held for students, faculty and staff at each of the four campuses. There is still time to register! Registration is space-limited to 10 – 12 participants, so be sure to register to get those last few available slots. Times and registrations are below.
Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) TechForum LMS Review Team is excited to invite you to participate in a Focus Group for the Learning Management System (LMS) Review. Tri-C currently uses Blackboard as our LMS.
These focus groups with individuals will allow you to share your opinion regarding current and future needs for a LMS here at Tri-C as we analyze if we should stay with Blackboard or move to another option like Moodle, Canvas or Desire2Learn. You will be given the chance to voice your opinion during a focus group conducted by Mindwires Consulting.
Why are we doing focus groups about the LMS? Here’s why:
The Office of eLearning and Innovation in partnership with the TechForum LMS Review Team is leading an LMS Review. The purpose of the review is to analyze different LMS’s in order to determine whether the current LMS (Blackboard) is still the best choice for Tri-C or whether a different system would serve the college more effectively.
We need your help! Be a part of the Team!
One of the assumptions guiding the review is that the process must be inclusive and give all who use the LMS an opportunity to give input. To gather this input, the Review Team is conducting individual and group interviews,surveys and (this is where you come in) focus groups.
- Your perceptions of the current state of the LMS (Blackboard at Tri-C),
- Aspects of the LMS that you currently use and what you envision as future needs; and
- Any learning tools associated with the LMS you currently use or would like to be using in the future.
Register for the Focus Group today…it’s quick and easy!
Just click on the campus name link below that has your preferred time and location. Fill in a few details and you’re registered for the focus group. Focus groups start Thursday, April 17, so don’t delay!
Thank you for participating in this important initiative!
Sincerely, The Tech Governance LMS Review Team
- East: Wednesday, April 23rd, 2:00PM – 3:00PM, EHCT 245
- Metro: Thursday, April 24th, 3:00PM – 4:00PM, MCC 209S
- West: Thursday, April 24th, 3:00PM – 4:00PM, WSS G212
- Westshore: Thursday, April 17th,3:00PM – 4:00PM, SHCS 133
- East: Wednesday, April 23rd, 12:00PM – 1:00PM, EHCT 245
- Metro: Thursday, April 24th, 12:00 PM – 1:00PM, MCC 209S
- West: Thursday, April 24th, 12:00PM – 1:00PM, WSS G212
- Westshore: Thursday, April 17th, 12:00PM – 1:00PM, SHCS 133
- East: Wednesday, April 23rd, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM, EHCT 245
- Metro: Thursday, April 24th, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM, MCC 209S
- West: Thursday, April 24th, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM, WSS G212
- Westshore: Thursday, April 17th, 9:30 AM – 10:30 AM, SHCS 133
Surveys will be sent out shortly college-wide – be sure to fill yours out when it comes!