On this page, you’ll find information on the process, and documentation of where we are in the process.
Interested in knowing why we formed the LMS Review Taskforce and who is participating in it? Would you like to know how to send the Taskforce your input? Find out by watching this short video: “What you need to know about the LMS Review”.
Who is on the Taskforce? We’ve assembled a coalition of dedicated Tri-C faculty, staff, administration and students from across the College. LMS Review Taskforce Membership List Updated 2-2-2015
Check out this GREAT video recap of the process by our own John Kerezy from West and Angela Mensah from East: https://breeze.tri-c.edu/p830qghnll9/p/.
Here are new marketing pieces that you should receive in your inbox and see posted on all campuses:
Let us know what you think! Though the surveys, focus groups and interviews have been completed, we have created an LMS Review Continuous Feedback form so that you can share your thoughts with the Taskforce at any point. Find that form here.
Bi-Weekly Meeting Notes
- LMS Review Taskforce 3-19-2015 Meeting Minutes
- LMS Review Taskforce 2-26-2015 Meeting Minutes
- LMS Review Taskforce 2-12-2015 Meeting Minutes
- LMS Review Taskforce 1-29-15 Meeting Minutes
- LMS Review Taskforce 1-15-2015 Meeting Minutes
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Dec. 5, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Nov. 14, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Oct. 31, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Oct. 17, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Oct. 3, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Sept. 19, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting Sept. 5, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting August 12, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting July 28th, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting July 15, 2014
- Meeting Notes – BiWeekly Taskforce Meeting July 1, 2014
- Meeting Notes – Biweekly Taskforce Meeting June 17, 2014
- Meeting Notes – Biweekly Taskforce Meeting June 3, 2014
- LMS Taskforce makeup meeting notes – May 15, 2014
- Mindwires LMS Consulting workshop – March 18, 2014
Under 60 Seconds Bi-Weekly Progress Updates
Docs and Progress
Note that documents will be updated with feedback from the College-wide community as we move forward.
- Find a synopsis of the process HERE
- Find the process map (a visual diagram) HERE.
- WORKING DOC of needs analysis (in draft form) HERE.
- Find attendance for Taskforce Membership for meetings HERE.
- Find the Mindwires Consultants PPT presentation from 3/18/14 HERE.
- Interested in the timeline? Find a simple version here.
- Find the vendor features comparison document here.
Presentation from Mindwires Consultants
Initial Day-Long LMS Review Taskforce Information
Survey Results from Windwires Consultants
Please note that the survey results contain the opinions of respondents. No comments have been edited for accuracy, nor are comments meant to be representative. Still, the LMS Taskforce believes in sharing this survey and focus-group feedback for the insights in may offer in how some people (faculty, staff, and students) perceive the LMS/Blackboard, how they use it, and what they might envision for the future.
- Tri-C Surveys Summary Report
- Tri-C Student LMS Survey
- Tri-C Staff LMS Survey
- Tri-C Faculty LMS Survey
We are not the first! Other colleges and universities have conducted LMS reviews. Check out some of their materials and resources below.
- Anne Arundel Community College moved from Blackboard to Canvas. Find the presentation on that transition on this link.
- Great article from Inside Higher Ed on two colleges that recently had LMS transitions.
You can find previous updates on the LMS Review process on the blog. If you subscribe to the eLearning and Innovation blog by entering your preferred email address in the field on the left-hand sidebar, you will get automatic updates in your email when posts are created. This will keep you up-to-date on progress. You can also filter or search for “LMS Review” on the main blog page to view older LMS Review-related posts.