Blackboard at Tri-C was upgraded to a new version and new hardware on May 19-20, 2016. While there are not many changes to the functionality and design for faculty and students, here are a few new and newly resolved issues to note:
New Known Issues
- Discussion List View vs. Tree View: The Tree View option in Discussions doesn’t persist when going into a thread and back out. The view will revert to List View
- Grade Center Columns show Extra Decimal Places: The decimal places for percentages are displaying out to 4 places in the Grade Center for weighted and calculated columns.
Newly Resolved Known Issues
- Collaboration (Virtual Classroom & Chat) Not Available – Resolved: The Collaboration tools are again available in Blackboard. Faculty who need collaboration functionality for their courses are still encouraged to use WebEx, a powerful online meeting and collaboration tool available at the College for both faculty and students. For more information and to get started with WebEx, visit http://itservices.tri-c.edu/network/webex-for-faculty-and-staff.html
- Cannot Include Received Attachment when Replying to or Forwarding Course Message – Resolved: Faculty and students replying to or forwarding a course message can now include the received attachment with their reply message.
- Delayed course creation – Resolved: Course creation was delayed after the Blackboard upgrade, but is now fully functional. There may be continued slight delays due to higher than usual course request volume before the summer semester begins on May 31.
Additional updates to the status of new and resolved known issues will be available at https://elearningandinnovation.com/faculty-resources/known-issues/. Updated help and support documents are available on the Online Learning pages at http://www.tri-c.edu/online-learning/elearning-technologies/index.html for both Students and for Faculty.
For further assistance with Blackboard Learn, the Online Technical Support team can be reached via phone or email:
- Call 216-987-4257
- Email eLiFacultySupport@tri-c.edu or eLearning@tri-c.edu
The Office of eLearning & Innovation and ITS will be applying updates to Adobe Connect on Wednesday, December 17 and to Blackboard on Thursday, December 18th.
Adobe Connect will be unavailable between 5:00-6:30am on Wednesday, December 17.
Blackboard will be unavailable between 4:00-7:00am on Thursday, December 18.
After the updates, both systems will offer users some new and enhanced features. These include new ways to interact with publisher content in Blackboard, improved video and screen sharing in Adobe Connect, enhanced mobile functionality in Blackboard, and streamlined performance in both systems for the Spring 2015 semester.
Watch this blog for further information about these new and improved features!
Blackboard Support is reporting a SafeAssign service outage. This impacts all faculty and students accessing SafeAssign. We will provide an update when we hear more, but you can check for current Blackboard cloud service status (for services including SafeAssign and Inline Grading) at http://status.blackboard.com/.
PLEASE NOTE: The browser checker link has been updated! It has been changed in the Bb tab resources as well, however if you have the old link in your syllabus it will show up as broken. Find that new link here: https://dlwebapp.tri-c.edu/BrowserChecker/. Shout out to Professor Catanese for the suggestion!
This link was provided in the 8/22/14 blog update for start of term. It is also current on the Blackboard tab for students and faculty.
With thanks – Sasha
The Assessments issue has been resolved. Faculty can now access tests in Blackboard.
Assessments are temporarily unavailable in Blackboard. eLI and ITS working with Blackboard to investigate and resolve the matter. Updates will be posted as soon as they are available.
Lately, we have had some questions about Blackboard’s Global Navigation features. Check out the video and link below for some refresher information on this tool in Blackboard.
If you ever have any Blackboard questions, do not hesitate to contact us at 216-987-4257 or eLiFacultySupport@tri-c.edu
The Grade Center and Assessments in Blackboard are available and working. The issue was resolved at approximately 11:00. We are sorry for any inconvenience the issue may have caused. Please direct any inquiries regarding the outage to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ability to open a Blackboard test is temporarily unavailable. ITS and eLi are working on the issue. We will update the blog with a resolution as soon as it is available.
Please use Chrome or Firefox when working with Safe Assign. Currently, Safe Assign is not working with Internet Explorer, (IE). eLi is aware of the issue and we are working with ITS to resolve the issue.